Why do I use Google Drive?
- Cloud storage with files available from anywhere, using any (web-enabled) device. I have not had to use a flash drive (Thumb drive/USB drive in a long time).
- Avoid sending large files by email - just share the file or send a link.
- Ability to have offline files (when there is no Internet access) and still edit them - even on a tablet that does not have specific word processing software
- Collaborative editing with any device - earlier today, my laptop battery drained and I used an iPad to co-edit a meeting notes.
- Ability to share and edit files collaboratively synchronously during a hangout
- The commenting feature is terrific - you can carry on a conversation around a document by responding to comments - if you @name someone it notifies them via email
- The auto save and versioning means you never lose any data
- The spreadsheet allows for custom scripts which have been used for many purposes, my favorite is a auto-scoring online quiz.
- The ability to create online forms and surveys that save the data to the spreadsheet.
- You can publish documents to the web essentially creating web pages
AND its FREE!